What is Interpolation
Interpolation is the process of finding a missing value in a given set of values.
Interpolation is the process or Technique of finding the value of a function for any intermediate value of the independent variable.
Take an example
x0 x1 x2 x3
Now if we have to find the X1.5 value and its effect on the other equations.
In Lagrange’s Interpolation, we only know the values of variables and there is no function given for it.
It works for both spaced and unequal spaced values of variables or data points.
Lagrange’s Interpolation is preferred over Newton’s Interpolation because it works for both equal and unequal spaced values of given data.
Lagrange’s Interpolation Formula
Lagrange’s Interpolation Solved Example
Q. From the following set of data points evaluate f(9) using Lagrange Interpolation?
Now apply the lagrange formula to this table and solve.
Here, X = 9 that is Given f(9).
|X = 9||X0 = 5|
|X1 = 7||X2 =11|
|X3 = 13||X4 = 17|
Also, value of function f( xi ).
|f(x2) =1452||f(x3) =2366|
Now, Simplify the polynomial
F(9) = -16.67 + 209.07 + 1290.67 – 788.66 + 115.6
F(9) = 810 Ans.
- Intermediate value propertyIf f(x) is continuous in the interval [a,b] and f(a1) ,f(b1) have different signs, then […]
- Bisection method C++ Code Algorithm & Solved ExampleThe bisection method is explained easy step by step with algorithm and images. Bisection method with c++ code program algorithm example
- Regula Falsi Method with C++ Program | Example & AlgorithmRegula Falsi Method C++ Program Example and Algorithm. Regula falsi method is also called the method of false method.
- Newton-Raphson Method C++ Program / Example FormulaAlgorithm and concept of newton raphson method c/c++ explained step by step for beginners as well as experienced stduents of numerical techniques using c++
- Binary Representation of Numbers | How numbers are represented in BinaryBinary number system is useful because all of the computers store information in binary form. i.e combination of 0s and 1s.